What is Honda Sensing?Jun 25th, 2023
Honda Sensing® is a distinctive suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies designed specifically to provide an extra layer of vigilance on the road. It is designed to alert you to potential hazards or oversights that may escape your notice while driving. Honda Sensing®, with its advanced features and cutting-edge capabilities, works tirelessly to improve your overall safety, providing peace of mind and confidence behind the wheel. Learn more at Cambridge Centre Honda.
What’s Included in Honda Sensing?
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): Applies brake pressure when an unavoidable collision is determined.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): Adjusts steering if you cross detected lanes without signalling.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): Maintains a set following interval behind detected vehicles.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): Adjusts steering to help you keep centered in a detected lane.
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR): Can notify drivers of posted speed limits with the use of a small camera.
Driver Assist Technology
- Blind Spot Information System: When your turn signal is on and a vehicle is detected in an adjacent lane, the indicator blinks and a beep sounds until the area is clear or the turn signal is off.
- Cross Traffic Monitor: When in reverse with the multi-angle rearview camera in any viewing mode, the driver is alerted to a detected vehicle approaching from the side with a series of beeps and indicators shown on the camera’s display.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights: When you are driving at night above 25 mph (40 km/h) and the headlight lever is in the low-beam position with the switch rotated to AUTO, the system intuitively changes between low and high beams depending on surrounding conditions.
Visit Cambridge Centre Honda for more information about Honda Sensing technologies, and the availability of current year Honda cars and SUVs. Visit our Cambridge-area dealership for more information.