Light Trucks Lead Honda Canada to All-time Best July Sales ResultsAug 31th, 2015
Honda brand records best-ever July sales record
CR-V, Pilot and RDX set July monthly sales records
Civic retains number one position in compact segment
MARKHAM, ON (August 4, 2015) – Combined July sales of 17,599 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 10% increase over last year’s sales, setting an all-time July sales record for the company. The Honda Automobile Division reported July sales of 15,696 units, up 8% over last year, also setting an all-time July sales record. The Acura Division reported July sales of 1,903 units, up 39% over last year.
“The strong momentum of light truck sales continues throughout the summer,” said Dave Gardner, senior vice president of operations, Honda Canada Inc. “Two highly-anticipated new products were met with overwhelming customer demand in July, with HR-V off to a strong start and Pilot surpassing its previous best July sales by over 140 units to set a new record. Also achieving a monthly sales record, the refreshed CR-V saw success in July with 3,280 units sold.”
“Acura brand celebrates its best July sales in ten years and a 39 per cent increase over 2014, much of which can be attributed to the lasting strength of the RDX luxury SUV, which also achieved its best July sales ever.”
• Honda Canada had its best July ever with 17,599 sales versus the previous all-time July record in 2008 with 15,996 sales.
• Honda brand had its best July ever with 15,696 sales versus the previous all-time July record in 2014 with 14,574 sales.
• Canadian-built Honda CR-V July sales up 2% over last year, setting an all-time July record (3,280 units sold versus 3,269 in 2013)
• Honda Pilot sales rose 22% in July with 802 units sold, breaking a July sales record (versus 655 in 2014)
• Acura sales growth was led by the success of TLX, with a year-over-year increase of 514% (577 units versus 94 in 2014)
• Acura RDX surpassed expectations and set a new July sales record with 587 units sold (versus 485 units sold in 2014)